Wright County Community Action, Inc.

WCCA will be closed Tuesday July 4th, 2017 in observation of Independence Day.

Tax Preparation

Free Tax Preparation Services

General information

  • WCCA has a new VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program that offers free tax preparation, by IRS certified volunteers, for individual returns of households grossing less than $35,000 or multiple person returns for households grossing less than $55,000.
  • WCCA prepares income taxes, CRP/Renter’s Rebates, and Homeowners Property Tax rebates.
  • Returns are filed electronically and the direct deposit option to receive refunds is encouraged and options provided for.
  • Tax services are made available through a grant provided by the State of Minnesota and funded in part by the Initiative Foundation, a regional foundation.

Information/documents to bring to tax appointments:

  • Prior year’s tax return
  • Valid picture I.D.
  • For each person listed on the tax return, bring date of birth and one of the following:
  • Social Security card
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • For direct deposit of your refund, bring a voided check or savings account and bank routing information
  • Income statements and forms
  • Wages from each job (Form W-2)
  • Interest (Form 1099-INT)
  • Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
  • Retirement Plans (Form 1099-R)
  • Gambling winnings (Form W-2G)
  • Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
  • Social Security benefits (Form SSA)
  • Year-end income statements for MFIP, SSDI, SSI, MSA, GA, veterans’ benefits, and workers’ compensation
  • Receipts for education expenses for your children, grades K-12 during the tax/calendar year
  • Examples: tutoring, rental/purchase of musical instrument, music lessons, pencils, notebooks markers, glue, computer hardware and educational software, etc.
  • Tuition expenses paid to attend a university/technical college (Form 1098-T); for higher education credit, bring records of the books and other supplies required for the course(s) taken
  • Interest you paid on student loans (Form 1098-E)
  • Daycare expenses paid for your children
  • Bring provider’s name, address and tax ID or social security number
  • Charitable donations records; cash and non-cash
  • Homeowners:
  • Mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid (Form 1098)
  • Statement of Property Tax Payable – mailed by the county in March (Mobile home owners receive their statements in June.)
  • Renters:
  • Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from your landlord



Phone (320) 963 - 6500



Wright County Community Action
130 West Division Street
Maple Lake, MN 55358

Where’s my refund?

In order to gain information on the progress of your tax return, you can call or check online with the IRS and the MN Department of Revenue

Information you will need includes:

  • Name
  • Social Security Number
  • Filing Status
  • Amount of your refund


  • 800-829-1954

Additional Resources

Donate to WCCA's Emergency Food Shelf